Re: Standards-Version in t/ cleanup

Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 18:24 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> commit cc15899961eb0524045a9a6047c2e7222671baca
>> Author: Raphael Geissert
>> <atomo64@gmail.com>
>> Date:   Sat Apr 4 18:20:50 2009 -0600
>>
>>     Avoid embedding the latest standards version in every control file by
>>     using the templates system and the help of post_test sed scripts.
>>
>>     This reduces the amount of changes made every time a new standards
>>     version is published to only one.
>
> I've applied this, thanks, with a couple of small tweaks to correct the
> use of "Standard-Version" in the documentation updates.

Thanks, I had to fix some of those on my own while writting it (for some
bizarre reason I found it hard to type the missing 's' :)

> On a more general note, it's conventional for the summary line of a
> commit to be < 80 characters.  That's why it's called a summary :-)

Oops, you are right.

I use a large terminal, and I don't like auto word-wrapping enabled by
default. Maybe it is time to re-enable it and see how it goes.

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Preferrably < 60 since a lot of the ways of displaying it indent it a bit.

Many people request < 72, I think < 60 is a bit exaggerated (and why not
simply use a pager that words-wrap to fit in the terminal?).

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net