Re: lintian NMU check and teams

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 12:54 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I'm not sure what the drawback is to adding yourself to Uploaders.  Could
> you elaborate?

Well, it means that in various places I'll be marked as maintaining the
package rather than having done a once-off upload to bring the packaging
up to date with policy/debhelper/etc or fix a GCC FTBFS or something.
These are similar to NMUs but not NMUs since I'm part of the team.
Adding myself to Uploaders creates an impression I'll do something on
the package in the future, which isn't necessarily true. I guess I could
immediately remove myself from Uploaders in SVN after the upload.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise