Upgrading lintian.d.o ? [Was: Fwd: Re: Package check]

Hi good people maintaining lintian.debian.org--

I notice that the version of lintian on l.d.o is 2.2.0, even though the
version in sid (and squeeze, now) is 2.2.8.  Would you mind upgrading
lintian on l.d.o to the current version?

I bring this up because i had a little scare during my NM process (see
forwarded e-mail below) and i'd like to spare other people that
experience ;)

Thanks for maintaining the lintian web site.  It's a really useful service.

Regards,

	--dkg
--- Begin Message ---
On 04/02/2009 05:02 AM, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Haven't check through your packages yet, but one thing fell in my eyes
> immediately:
>
> http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/dkg@fifthhorseman.net.html#tweak
>
> Anything to say about that? :-)

Thanks for pointing that out.  I'm not entirely sure what to make of
that, since my local copies of lintian 2.2.8 don't report that error at
all.  Here's my best guess currently:

 * all of the newer-standards-version errors make me strongly suspect
that the version of lintian on lintian.debian.org is out-of-date.

 * the changelog for lintian 2.2.7 says that the
postinst-does-not-call-installdocs check has been removed.

 * Looking at the package now, it's true that the postinst doesn't have
the invocation of install-docs.  3.0.1-6 had this:

# Automatically added by dh_installdocs
if [ "$1" = configure ] && which install-docs >/dev/null 2>&1; then
	install-docs -i /usr/share/doc-base/tweak-btree
fi

And if i look at my build log for 3.01-7, i see that dh_installdocs is
still being called (but it is not adding the snippet).

This makes me think that calling install-docs explicitly is no longer
necessary (thanks to dpkg triggers).  And indeed, when i install 3.01-7
on a local system, i see this:

>   tweak
> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 44.3kB of archives. After unpacking 4096B will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
> Writing extended state information... Done
> Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main tweak 3.01-7 [44.3kB]
> Fetched 44.3kB in 1s (23.9kB/s)
> Reading changelogs... Done
> apt-listchanges: Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> apt-listchanges: Mailing root: apt-listchanges: changelogs for pip
> (Reading database ... 127257 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace tweak 3.01-6 (using .../archives/tweak_3.01-7_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement tweak ...
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
> Processing triggers for doc-base ...
> Processing 1 changed doc-base file(s)...
> Registering documents with scrollkeeper...
> Setting up tweak (3.01-7) ...
> Reading package lists... Done

So, i think you shouldn't trust that overview page ;)

am i missing something?

	--dkg