Re: error messages in the raw lintian.log

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> (Raphael provided patches for all of those except the tar errors, I
>> think, so they should be fixed once Lintian on lintian.debian.org is
>> upgraded to 2.2.2.)
>
> You are right; I didn't see the tar ones. I don't know how we could
> suppress those, maybe a bug report against those packages is the only
> option, as tar doesn't seem to have a "ultra-quiet" option (and even if
> it had, it doesn't sound like the best solution here).

We could easily duplicate the check that tar is doing.  We already do for
binary packages; we just don't for source packages.  Unfortunately, it's
one of those annoying upstream bugs where there isn't much the Debian
package maintainer can do to fix it unless they repackage the upstream
source.