Re: Upload and Blog-Post

Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 07:12:41PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
This appears to be fairly simply fixable by only using readelf if the
error returned by objdump was "File format not recognized", which
accounts for all the 64-bit false positives which the readelf code
was developed to address.
[...]
The script could use some work on parts of the code structure, but
they're not imperative and I've left them for now to produce a saner
diff.

I wonder if it would make sense to move the
if (open(PIPE, '-|', "objdump --headers --private-headers -T $bin
2>&1")) one level up since both branches using it seem to do very
similar things and move the check for the binutils version on level
down instead.

Yeah, that was one of the changes I had in mind in terms of reworking the structure. Not including it in the initial patch made the readelf-related changes more obvious though.

Cheers,

Adam