Re: Test failures

On Sun, August 17, 2008 05:53, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> With current git I get:
> Running test on debug 1.0: copying... building... testing... FAILED:
[...]
> -E: libhello0: syntax-error-in-symbols-file 8
[...]
> +W: libhello0: symbols-declares-dependency-on-other-package hello-dbg

Mea culpa. Both are the result of my fixing of the symbols file parsing
on Wednesday morning (in commit
60732e42efd79796768b72ee2e9bf54b3ca68b3a); I was sure I'd rerun the
testset after the change, but obviously not (or I forgot to commit the
changes).

Many apologies for the slip-up and confusion.

The first line is "| hello-dbg" (i.e. an alternative template without a
package version) which at the time I added the relevant section of the
testset I - mistakenly - believed was invalid syntax. Whilst doing some
testing last week I spotted other packages using the syntax and
confirmed with Raphael Hertzog that it was valid.

The second is a consequence of the first. Both changes are correct; I'll
double check there aren't any other changes caused as soon as my
connection manages to be stable for long enough to install cdbs et al on
my laptop so I can actually build all of the testset.

Adam (wishing it would stop raining)