Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated.1.24.2-63-gde12b8f

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 19:31 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 20:10 +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 09:59:28PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
commit de12b8f7e4477f56347a9fa6b3141b7dfa62af4a
Author: Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Date:   Thu Jul 31 22:59:00 2008 +0100

    Treat hardlinks as "normal" files

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that one.

Doesn't that mean that you will get just the same warnings, but
twice?

As far as I can see, it just gives the same warnings as the original
code did (I changed it after noticing a failure in the "binary"
testset package for binary-without-manpage, where hello.static and
hello-static are hardlinked).

And indeed a number of the other testset packages produce differing results if hardlinks aren't considered. I'm not entirely sure whether that was a deliberate design decision in the code that walks the index lists or something that fell out of the implementation and that's included in the testset results because the tests added to check other tags happened to produce warnings for the hardlinked files as well (c.f. your mail on the new testsuite).

Adam