Re: Excessive lintian memory usage

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> I'm a bit stumped on how to track this down, but a full lintian run is
> taking up gobs of memory, way more than it should.  Currently on gluck
> lintian has a resident set size of 1.5GB.

I found one problem at least.  Several of the check routines had a
lexically global $info variable because I was lazy when I introduced it
and didn't pass it correctly to subroutines.  I'm fixing that now and
double-checking what information is global in all of the checks.

I don't think that fully explains it, though, since when $info is
reassigned when the next package is checked, the old $info should be
garbage-collected.  I'll keep looking.