Re: issues with lintian.debian.org

On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 13:13 +0100, Arthur de Jong wrote:
> There are a number of smallish issues with my page on
> lintian.debian.org:
>   http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/adejong@debian.org.html
>
> First, it is claimed that cvsd 1.0.16 has a fully specified command path
> in it's postinst. The thing is that this was fixed in version 1.0.16 (it
> was present in 1.0.15 and before).

My initial assumption was that this was a side-effect of the recent
issues with lintian.d.o displaying output that was generated with a
mixture of old and new package lists, although I thought that had been
fixed in the last full run which finished a week or so ago.

In any case, I've checked the log of the currently running full Lintian
run on lintian.d.o and it contains no tags for the cvsd source package.

> Secondly some of my packages seem to get the manpage-has-errors-from-man
> warning often (always as /tmp/zman*: No such file or directory). I have
> not been able to reproduce this in my environment (I use debuild so
> lintian always get run at the end of the build process). Any ideas what
> this is and if I should fix something?

This appears to be one of a class of issues that occur because
lintian.d.o is running etch and using etch's man-db. Checking one of the
manpages directly on the machine produces the following output:

/==========================================================
| $ man -l tmp/usr/share/man/man8/nslcd.8.gz >/dev/null
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `-'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `*'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `-'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor ` '
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `c'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `o'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `d'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `i'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `n'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `:'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor ` '
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `u'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `s'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `-'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `a'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `s'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `c'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `i'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `i'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor ` '
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `-'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `*'
| man: ignoring unknown preprocessor `-'
| Reformatting nslcd.8.gz, please wait...
| man: can't execute /usr/bin/grap: No such file or directory
| zsoelim: /tmp/zmanVDmoi6: No such file or directory
| man: can't remove /tmp/zmanVDmoi6: No such file or directory

Running the same check on one of my sid machines (amd64) produces no
output.

Regards,

Adam