Re: Lintian questions

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 18:43 +0000, Anton Piatek wrote:
> I tried searching but was unable to find answers to some questions I
> had about lintian, if you have time could you briefly answer the
> quesions below.

The information below is from /usr/share/doc/lintian/lintian.txt.gz as
shipped with lintian 2.0.0.

> Can lintian have a system-wide overrides file? linda supported extra
> overrides in a system-wide manner, and I was hoping to be able to do
> the same

No. When checking a package, lintian extracts the override files from
the package itself and uses those; any override files present on the
system are ignored.

> Does lintian support any wildcards for the "lintian-info" part of
> overrides - specifically I want to override the file-in-unusual-dir
> for a whole dir tree instead of per file

Starting with version 2.0.0 of lintian (September 2008), yes.
Specifically, you can add an asterisk at the beginning or end (or both)
of the info section; for example:

	bar binary: file-in-unusual-dir foo.bar/baz/*

You can't do this, however (well, you can, but lintian will assume it is
for the file "foo.bar/baz/*.gz"):

	bar binary: file-in-unusual-dir foo.bar/baz/*.gz

Hope that helps,

Adam