lintian.debian.org -> git

Hi.

I just installed 1.24.3 on lintian.debian.org and started a full run.

I used the following procedure for retrieving the lintian source code:
rm root
git clone git://git.debian.org/git/lintian/lintian.git root
cd root
git checkout -b lintian.debian.org 1.24.3
# set version number and build doc
git commit -a # commit the version number change locally

The question now is how to switch releases in the future.
I see essentially two possible ways:

1) keep the lintian.debian.org branch and merge the newest tag in
2) throw away the old lintian.debian.org branch and checkout a
   new one

I would prefer the first choice, but maybe someone would prefer
the second, "cleaner" choice?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>