Re: menu enhancements

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:
>> Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Attached is the new patch with a couple of corrections and the
>>> following three new tags:

>>> * desktop-command-with-path: same as the menu- version of the check

>> Probably shouldn't be applied; see previous message.

> I'm dubious about applying a patch which does the other way around.

Probably wisely.  I think it's best to leave this alone for the time being
until we get more consensus on which way menu entries in general should
go.

> No, they haven't been discussed at all because [KDE Desktop Entry] used
> to be used in .kdelnk files and using them in .desktop files is totally
> and completely *wrong*. And .kdelnk files are of the old times of KDE1
> (.desktop files are used since KDE2) so shipping them is as wrong as
> having now password for root.

Okay, I understand now (after also doing some more investigation).  You're
right, both of these are very obsolete and look like entirely reasonable
things to warn about.

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=308440 for example (a
bug about using KDE Desktop Entry rather than Desktop Entry).

I'll apply those portions of this patch.