Re: one more tag for watch-file

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:

> Attached is a patch adding a check for empty watch files.
>
> This tag has been added because of situations like #489050.
>
> The patch also removes a lax attempt of handling line continuations and
> improves the one I added a couple of days ago.

What's the correct way for a non-native Debian package to indicate that
there's no useful upstream and watch file processing should not be done
for that package?

I'd been assuming that it was adding a watch file that contained only
comments.  I'd prefer there be some supported way that doesn't require
Lintian overrides, although I suppose it's not a horrible use of
overrides.