Re: Certainty and severity levels

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 20:03 +0200, Jordà Polo wrote:

[My comments may appear a little picky in places - because they are ;-)
That's because I don't have any real issues with the content though]

> Severity represents how grave is the problem that can be detected using
> a particular check.

s/is the problem/the problem is/. Even then it doesn't quite flow
happily to my ear, but I can't think of a better alternative at the
moment (particularly one that doesn't involve using the words severity
or severe :-)

[...]
> While the validity of some checks is assured, other tests are known to
> produce false positives. This field is used to indicate how secure is
> the validity of each check. Certainty levels include:

"... how likely the check is to produce an accurate result"?

[...]
>  * wild-guess

A splendid name.

Adam