Re: Lintian::Collect, version numbering

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 01:21:36AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Given that this is an infrastructure change, I think this warrants a
> version bump, and I'd like to propose that we change the version numbering
> of Lintian at the same time.  Currently, all we're ever doing is
> incrementing the third version number of the package.  Should we switch to
> just using two versions; in other words, make the next version 1.24, the
> version after that 1.25, and so forth?  Then we can do major version bumps
> for backward-incompatible changes or for major changes (such as,
> hopefully, the summer work on tag classification).
>
> What do people think?

Yeah, I have nothing against bumping the 2nd version number. But I still
think that the 3 part version number has its merits, so I'm currently
against dropping the third part. Actually why not drop the 1? we really
seem not intend to increase it any time ;)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/