freedesktop and Debian menu files

Hi all,

Debian GNOME no longer shows the Debian menu by default, users have to
set the Debian item in the menu to visible to get it.

In my opinion the Debian-specific menu should be phased out in favour of
the cross-distro freedesktop menu, with a transition like what is
mentioned in #431118.

For these two reasons I would like lintian to warn/info when there is a
Debian menu file in the package, but not a freedesktop menu file.

Does this sound reasonable to you?

[Please CC, I'm not subscribed]

--
bye,