Re: GPLv3 x lintian

Dear Sirs:

Time has passed. I upgraded my box to Gutsy and the GPLv3 is at the
/usr/share/common-licenses directory. Now I will release the first stable
version of ChironFS. In the previous releases I just packaged it in binary
form for the .deb format. But now I am packaging it in source form following
the guidelines I found at:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/index.en.html#contents
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-dreq.en.html

I installed a debian-40r3 in a kvm machine. Now I am customizing the
copyright file at the $PACKAGEDIR/debian/ directory. As dh_make
generates this file refering to the GPL-2 I have changed it to refer to
the GPL-3 and then I took a look at the /usr/share/common-licenses
directory and found no GPL-3 document. I found a GPL and a GPL-2
documents, but the GPL and GPL-2 documents are exactly equal as
checked with diff.

So, where's the GPL-3 document? It will be there only if I install a
debian package whose license is GPL-3? I installed only a basic
system without any graphic environment.

Thank you

Best Regards

--