Re: Lintian warnings/errors

* Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2006-02-09 11:37]:
> lintian has code specifically to recognize this situation.  I'm not sure
> why it isn't working.  Can I see the rules and control file for this
> package somewhere?
sure, see attachment. I think the problem came up when I started to use
dpatch - if you look for dh_clean in the clean target you won't find it,
since dh_clean is called from the clean-patched target that clean depends
on. This is the solution suggested by the dpatch documentation.

-Mike
Source: fvwm-crystal
Section: x11
Maintainer: Michael Stilkerich <ms@mike2k.de>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5.0.0)
Build-Depends-Indep: dpatch, xsltproc, docbook-xsl, python
Standards-Version: 3.6.2

Package: fvwm-crystal
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fvwm (>= 1:2.5.13), ${python:Depends},
 gnome-terminal | xterm | aterm | eterm | mrxvt,
 imagemagick
Recommends: rox-filer | nautilus, xscreensaver, trayer,
 habak | hsetroot, xmms | mpd | cdcd | quodlibet, mpc, xmms-shell, xmms-find
Suggests: sudo, menu
 FVWM-crystal creates an easy to use desktop environment
 using fvwm2 as its window manager and main core. From
 another point of view its just a very powerful fvwm
 configuration.
 .
 A file manager may be optionally used to display desktop icons,
 ROX-filer and nautilus are supported for this task. FVWM-crystal
 furthermore has UI integration for various music players, among
 them xmms.
 .
 There is also a very powerful menu system that has an extensive
 default configuration but may be customized and extended by each
 user to fit personal requirements.
#!/usr/bin/make -f
# Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
#export DH_VERBOSE=1

# macros for manpage creation from xml via xsltproc
DB2MAN=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/manpages/docbook.xsl
XP=xsltproc -''-nonet

fvwm-crystal.wallpaper.1: debian/fvwm-crystal.wallpaper.dbk
	$(XP) $(DB2MAN) $<
fvwm-crystal.1: debian/fvwm-crystal.dbk
	$(XP) $(DB2MAN) $<
fvwm-crystal.apps.1: debian/fvwm-crystal.apps.dbk
	$(XP) $(DB2MAN) $<

build: build-stamp
build-stamp: patch fvwm-crystal.1 fvwm-crystal.apps.1 fvwm-crystal.wallpaper.1
	dh_testdir
	touch build-stamp

clean: clean-patched unpatch
clean-patched:
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	rm -f build-stamp
	dh_clean

# We do not use the upstream install system for
# several reasons:
# (1) upstream makes an irreversible patch to the installpath
#     (we do that via dpatch)
# (2) The configure script does not check for build dependencies
#     but for the runtime dependencies instead. To make it run we
#     would have to add unneccessary Build-Dependencies.
# (3) upstreams install target does not install everything where we
#     want it. (e.g. does not install xsession config file)
install: build
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_clean -k
	dh_installdirs

	install -m 755 bin/* $(CURDIR)/debian/fvwm-crystal/usr/bin
	cp -d -r fvwm/* $(CURDIR)/debian/fvwm-crystal/usr/share/fvwm-crystal/fvwm/
	# addons are actually exmaples and therefore installed to doc-examples
	dh_installexamples
	install -D -m 644 addons/fvwm-crystal.desktop $(CURDIR)/debian/fvwm-crystal/usr/share/xsessions/fvwm-crystal.desktop
	# documentation is installed via dh_installdocs
	# menu-method is installed via dh_installmenu
	install -D -m 755 debian/createicon.sh $(CURDIR)/debian/fvwm-crystal/usr/share/fvwm-crystal/debian/createicon.sh

binary-indep: build install
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_installchangelogs ChangeLog
	dh_installdocs
	dh_installman fvwm-crystal.1 fvwm-crystal.apps.1 fvwm-crystal.wallpaper.1
	dh_installmenu
	dh_compress
	dh_fixperms
	dh_python
	dh_installdeb
	dh_gencontrol
	dh_md5sums
	dh_builddeb

binary-arch:
binary: binary-indep binary-arch

patch: patch-stamp
patch-stamp:
	dpatch apply-all
	touch patch-stamp

unpatch:
	dpatch deapply-all
	rm -rf patch-stamp debian/patched

.PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary-arch binary install patch unpatch