Re: Format of Lintian overrides?

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 06:46:22PM +0200, Thomas Eriksson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I cannot seem to get the format for lintian overrides correctly for my
> package 'bashish'[1] right.
>
> By reading the documentation at
> http://lintian.debian.org/manual/ch2.html#s2.4, I've created the file
> "source.lintian-overrides" in the debian/ directory, with the
> following contents:
> bashish: csh-considered-harmful ./usr/share/bashish/bt/overrides/prompt.csh

This check is a binary check (one triggered by lintianing the .deb
rather than a .dsc), so a source override has no effect -- those don't
propagate to the .deb.

> additionally, I've put the same contents in
> "/usr/share/lintian/overrides/bashish" upon installation

I can't find a /usr/share/lintian directory in bashish_2.0.4-2_all.deb
as found on your site. Please doublecheck your packaging that you do
really ship that file in the binary package.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl