Re: B-Depends and B-Depends-Indep with python-dev and cdbs

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 13:55 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Jan Lübbe <jluebbe@lasnet.de> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> > Lintian shows this warning on my package:
>
> > W: python-pysnmp2 source: build-depends-without-arch-dep python-dev
> > N:
> > N:   The control file lists the given package in Build-Depends, but no
> > N:   architecture-dependent packages are built. If all the packages built
> > N:   are architecture-independent, the only packages that should be listed
> > N:   in Build-Depends are those required to run the clean target (such as
> > N:   debhelper if you use dh_clean). Other build dependencies should be
> > N:   listed in Build-Depends-Indep instead.
> > N:
> > N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 7.6 for details.
>
> > I have:
>
> > Build-Depends: cdbs (>= 0.4.23-1.1), debhelper (>= 4.2.0), python-dev
>
> > The package is build with cdbs and uses the python distutils. Cdbs calls
> > 'python setup.py clean -a', which of course requires python-dev. Should
> > i override this warning or is there a better solution?
>
> The way that lintian tries to detect this case is by looking for a line
> like:
>
>     include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/python-distutils.mk
>
> in your debian/rules file.  If there's some other way to tell cdbs to use
> Python, let me know and I'll definitely add it to lintian.  We're still
> chasing down several more edge cases with these rules, as unfortunately
> it's a bit complex to detect programmatically what is called during a
> clean rule and what isn't.

That line is in debian/rules, so i'm not sure what the cause is. See
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/python-modules/packages/python-pysnmp4/trunk/debian/rules?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

--
Jan Lübbe <jluebbe@lasnet.de>            http://sicherheitsschwankung.de
 gpg-key      1024D/D8480F2E 2002-03-20