Re: Lintian adaptation to Ubuntu

Jeroen van Wolffelaar a écrit :
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 05:20:07PM +0100, Jeremie Corbier wrote:
>> Good afternoon,
>>
>> I am trying to adapt lintian to Ubuntu specific requirements. The only
>> modification I made is disabling NMU checks by default. I added -D and
>> --debian command-line switches to enable them again (debdiff attached).
>
> You might want to replace the list of distribution targets for Ubuntu
> too then, and revert that behaviour when --debian is invoked: #350114

Ah yes, I knew I had forgotten something. Ubuntu targets handling is
already included in a previous package release but I'll modify it so
that it changes of behaviour when --debian is specified.

>> I have been advised by an Ubuntu developper to make sure that these
>> changes will not collide with future lintian developments. If you have
>> any recommandations about these modifications I would be glad to follow
>> them.
>
> I don't see a problem with --debian at least, -D is of course abit
> short, but I have no strong opinion here. In any case, I've just added a
> note in the source with the option processing, and we might decide to
> add this option (as a no-op in Debian) so that lintian --debian allways
> gives the same behaviour, on Ubuntu and on Debian and hopefully any
> other derivate.
>
> Other lintian devs opinions? About -D, and about even maybe even adding
> it as no-op option?

I appreciate your quick answer and I am looking forward the other
maintainers' opinions. Thank you in advance.

>> This particular issue is tracked on Launchpad bug #36505 [1].
>
> How can I cc messages to that bug?

You can CC 36505@bugs.launchpad.net.

Regards,

--