Re: BUG

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 10:31:46AM +0200, Pavel Orchov wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I am running lintian and it fails with "Segmentation fault" when collect
>    info from apache server directory that i add to package.
>
>    /usr/share/lintian/collection/objdump-info: line 51: 10546 Segmentation
>    fault      objdump --headers --private-headers -T $bin >>../objdump-info
>    2>&1
>    internal error: collect info objdump-info about package nimbus: 35584
>    N: Skipping check of binary package nimbus

Please use reportbug to report a bug, and provide proper information.
You provide only the error message, which makes it next to impossible to
track this problem down.

Please read http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html first,
quoting a relevant paragraph (but I suggest reading it all):

| Give the programmer some credit for basic intelligence: if the program
| really didn't work at all, they would probably have noticed. Since they
| haven't noticed, it must be working for them. Therefore, either you are
| doing something differently from them, or your environment is different
| from theirs. They need information; providing this information is the
| purpose of a bug report. More information is almost always better than
| less.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar