Re: Problems found in testing run

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 01:01:13AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> The following (mostly minor) problems have been found during a
> lintian test run over the archive but I haven't had time yet to
> investigate them. If someone is faster then me I wouldn't mind.
>
> The results can be found at http://people.debian.org/~djpig/lintian.d.o/

Please provide lintian.log somewhere (subdir data/?), and add a link to the
generated webpage to it.

> The confusing stats (only 11 overridden tags?) could be caused by the
> fact that some runs have aborted due to bugs. I will do a clean run
> tomorrow to see if that changes the stats.
>
> 1.)
>
> "Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /home/djpig/debian/lintian/root/lib/Tags.pm line 88."
>
> Appears sometimes. Not sure why...

tag is called with an unkown tag, this is a bug, I'll have the code
there check for that case first... and bail out with the statement which
tag it was called with. Which packages did it occur in?

> 2.)
>
> The description of third-party-package-in-python-dir needs updating
> since it talks about python1.5. The link may also be outdated...
>
> 3.)
>
> source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number: 336 occourences
>
> that sounds much to me. We should review some samples.
> http://people.debian.org/~djpig/lintian.d.o/reports/Tsource-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number.html

Almost all cases of using different mailadress in changelog compared to
the 'Maintainer:' entry. katie too will think it's a NMU. It should
maybe be made more clear that the error could be in the fact that it was
not intended to be a NMU, and it isn't necessarily the version number
that's at fault. It's an inconsistency version number <-> NMU-ness.

> 4.)
>
> lintian is not lintian clean?
> http://people.debian.org/~djpig/lintian.d.o/reports/mDebian_Lintian_Maintainers.html

  * testset/filenames:
      + [JvW] Fix two lintian warnings in lintian itself by touching
	  files only on clean target, and not distributing them in the source

Since the archive has the not-yet-fixed 1.23.0 version, you'll indeed
find that.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar