Re: lintian: r132 - trunk/lib

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 04:03:15PM +0200, djpig@debian.org wrote:
> Author: djpig
> Date: 2004-04-08 16:03:14 +0200 (Thu, 08 Apr 2004)
> New Revision: 132
>
> Added:
>    trunk/lib/DebVersions.pm
> Log:
> Import a Perl module of mine used for comparison of dpkg version
> numbers written purely in Perl. It is more "low-level" and sometimes simpler
> to use (and to debug) then Dep.pm.

To be honest, I'm a bit wary of another implementation of version
compare... there is iirc already a perl module doing so (devscripts uses
it), and it just adds another place where possible bugs etc in version
compare can be. dpkg's implementation changed and was also fixed later,
it's not yet in policy, it could be a hell to change all version compare
implementations there are withing debian...

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl