Re: lintian: r44 - in trunk: checks debian

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:02:43PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 09:37:06PM +0100, jeroen@wolffelaar.nl wrote:
> [...]
> > (Denis Barbier's version had a little bit needless complexity,
>
> Fortunately you did not read previous versions ;)

I always find coding with two people, in turn, works very efficient,
because usually one doesn't see the obvious in his own code.

> > and a small bug (didn't detect 0-size files)).
>
> Nope, it was detected.  Anyway your version is indeed much simpler, but

It didn't detect my testcase though, and the code had:

    next if $size == 0;
    #  Read content
    read(INPUT, $chunk, get_block_size($size)) or last;
    print "E: $pkg $type: deb-created-with-broken-tar broken file: /$name\n"
        if $is_long == 0 && length($name) == 100;

But anyway, it's irrelevant now. The code was already much easier than that
libarchive-tar-perl mess.

> you removed the leading slash Marc added to output.  IMO a better output
> is to remove the leading dot, here is a patch.

I'll commit it, but don't know whether this will show up now or in a later
version :)

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar