Re: lintian: r23 - in trunk: checks debian

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:31:21AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:56:53AM +0100, jeroen@wolffelaar.nl wrote:
> [...]
> > + Rewrite in Perl
> > + Obsolete PO files are no more checked because po2debconf now
> >   automatically runs debconf-updatepo if PO files are older than
> >   templates files.  Of course PO files might be outdated (e.g. when
> >   downloaded from a BR), but it should occur seldom.
> > + PO files are processed through msgfmt to ensure they are valid.
> > + Based on patch by Denis Barbier <barbier@debian.org>, Closes: #210576
>
> Thanks for clearing out my TODO list ;)
> I am not that familiar with subversion, please tell me how to checkout
> this version and I will test it.

svn checkout http://svn.wolffelaar.nl/lintian/trunk

apt-getteable sources are available too:
deb     http://jeroen.a-eskwadraat.nl/sw/debian/EXPERIMENTAL sid lintian
deb-src http://jeroen.a-eskwadraat.nl/sw/debian/EXPERIMENTAL sid lintian

(not automatically updated, but these do include also check whether
po-debconf ought to be used).

I do not have experience with po-debconf (my own package soon to be
uploaded failed this test as I didn't use po-debconf yet :)), it'd be
great to check for about any mistake that one could do: po-debconf(7)
lists quite some requirements and old files to clean up, that could be
quite easily checked for.

You can either write them yourself, or provide good test-packages (see
subdirs of 'testset'), and simply state which tests (even if they are to
be written) should fail/succeed on each package.

The latter is even preferred, as testpackages ensure that these tests
will never be broken again.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar