Re: Upcoming NMU; svn commit access for it is open for you

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 04:24:41PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 04:43:56AM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > The only drawback with alioth compared to the current subversion
> > repository is its more limited commit access,
>
> Non-developers can get guest accounts on alioth fairly
> straightforwardly.
>
> > and its unavailability of http(s) commit access.
>
> I'm not sure I see that as a drawback :)

Well, it enables you to test and commit on your own home computer... But
as long as vim is on alioth, alioth is quite responsive, and the
build-depends of lintian are installed there, it's no issue. Still,
http(s) commit access makes work easier imho, as you can work locally.

Since converting cvs to svn works easier with direct FS access, I'll
first do it locally (so that I can do it over if I fuckup), and then
provide a dump for importing into alioth as soon as access for the
relevant people (djpig and cjwatson, my accountname is jeroen-guest) is
catered for. And mailing of commits.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar