Re: lintian bug?

Package: lintian
Severity: minor

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 06:23:22PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> I'm just learning how to make Debian packages.  I got the following messages
> from lintian:
>
>    $ lintian yadex_1.7.0-1_i386.deb
>    W: yadex: postinst-should-not-set-usr-doc-link
>    W: yadex: postinst-has-useless-call-to-update-menus
>    W: yadex: postrm-has-useless-call-to-update-menus
>    E: yadex: file-in-etc-not-marked-as-conffile /etc/yadex.cfg
>    E: yadex: copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-gpl
>    E: yadex: unknown-control-file copyright
>    E: yadex: debian-changelog-file-missing
>    E: yadex: debian-changelog-file-uses-obsolete-national-encoding at line 39
>
> The 2nd to last line correctly says there's no changelog.Debian file.
>
> Then the last line says that the non-existing changelog.Debian file uses an
> obsolete national encoding.
>
> I don't think that last line can be correct.

Yeah, there some cases where the current code could produce such
inconsistencies. These are: you named the Debian changelog file changelog
or changelog.gz (should be changelog.Debian.gz) or you only included
the upstream changelog.

This should be fixed, I will record it in the BTS.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/