next releases: 1.22.12/1.23.0

Hi.

Some thoughts about the next lintian release(s):

As we killed already
a lot of bugs, 1.22.11 is in testing since today and I got the
udeb checks allmost ready I would propose to stop working on 1.22.12
tomorrow (Sunday) and preparing a first rc, so we could get it into
unstable sometime in the next week.

We should then target 1.23.0. I have noted some thoughts about that
in the private/TODO file:

1) add .udeb support -- almost done, see 1.22.11+udeb branch
  (#216117)
2) go through all checks and try to move common code to modules
3) go through the test suite and organise it more cleanly
4) perhaps already try to overhaul the Errors/Warnings concept
  (#197955, #189656)
5) overhaul the overrides concept to enable source overrides
  (#129510)

1,2,3 should be doable, 4,5 can perhaps depend on the further going
of Sarge. We should not push them in too late.

Thoughts, comments?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>