Re: New to the list

Hi Zale,

Welcome!

There is no live media of debian-lex yet - that's one logical end
product of the debian-lex project.

debian-lex has a list of proposed metapackages[1]. It is not complete
nor final. If you have a favorite program that is not in the list, feel
free to add it, and share your experience. Each metapackage has both
debian packages, and other software that need to be evaluated,
debian-packaged and included in the appropriate metapackage. The
metapackages will make it easier to use the DebianLive[2] or the
simple-CDD[3] tools to make debian-lex live media.

If you are interested in helping out, join the project[4]!

Elaine

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLex/ProposedMetapackages
[2] http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD