Re: test & request for comments and actions -

Jeroen de Kreek wrote:
Not dead, just quiet. We are working the buts of to get a distribution ready.
Please be patient.
About 6 months without any new message to the list seems a bit too quiet, doesn't it? Besides, it would be interesting to know who is 'we', is there another development list? In that case, I would like you to point me in its direction, since I would like to see what there is available. It wasn't in search of a ready distribution that I subscribed to the list, I wanted rather see if I could help with the building of legal-specific software or at least grab some useful ideas for my own project.

 By the way - the discussion about the program language is
importand because of safety. Safety is importand because of anti-privacy and liability regulations in Europe.
I agree with you in that safety is important, be it in order to comply with regulations or just in order to keep your business going. What I cannot immediately see is how python (the language you propose) supersedes the OS language itself, or in which way python is superior in safety to, say, a well constructed C programm, or an equally well constructed perl, xml or javascript one. Are sites like Amazon, eBay or your preferred bank built with python? (I'm sorry for my ignorance, I'm not a programmer).

Best greetings to all of you,
Barbara Figueirido

If program languages is not importand you
can also use Microsoft.

Regards,
Jeroen.