Debian-Lex/Lawnix Collaboration

Hello list.

I may have a collaboration avenue for Debian-lex if interested.  My name is Skip Smith and I am a Network Engineer for a mid-sized Law Firm in Indianapolis, Indiana USA.  I am involved with ILTA (International Legal Technology Association) www.peertopeer.org.  In particular I am a member of the Open Source Software Peer Group Steering Committee.  One of the projects I am trying to invigorate is the Lawnix project (www.lawnix.org).  Lawnix is a project sponsored by ILTA.  The mission of Lawnix is very similar to the mission of Debian-Lex so I was wondering if we might be able to somehow collaborate with each other to help Open Source solutions gain a foothold in the Legal vertical market.

It is my vision to create several packages that can be added to an existing Debian system and eventually to produce a full distribution that includes all of the customized packages.  While I have been implementing Open Source solutions for many years I have never undertaken anything quite like this.  I do believe it is possible, but it is going to take a lot of time and effort, so I thought I might see if we could help one another.  If you are interested please advise (I do have many more ideas on how we can help each other).

Thank You,

Skip B. Smith
Network Engineer
LOCKE REYNOLDS LLP
Counsellors at Law
201 North Illinois Street Suite 1000
P.O. Box  44961
Indianapolis, Indiana 46244-0961
ssmith@locke.com
(317) 237-3906-voice
(317) 237-3900-fax

This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at either the e-mail address or telephone number above and delete this e-mail from your computer.  Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other applicable  privilege.  Thank you.