auspices

As the President was summing up, midnight struck.
Myrelations with other people are soon to be cut short. That can only be agood sign, thought Julien. Was I not fine yesterday when I rose to speak? He had no doubt of his ability to save Julien. He had no doubt of his ability to save Julien.
Indeed, he said to himself, it appears to be my destiny to die in adream.
Then my memory will cease to be infamous; at least,after a certain time