Re: Hello?

Hello,

HJ Schmidt schrieb:

This tends to be a very low activity list, but I believe it has a fair number of "lurkers"
(myself included).  It seems as if most of the activity is outside of the United States.  I'm no
longer in private practice, but have several clients (computer consulting) who are lawyers/law
firms.  While I'm a great fan of Open Source and have been a heavy user since 1999, most law
firms in this area (Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota) are too entwined with Windows on the
desktop to get beyond that.  We do, however, frequently use (debian) linux for servers and other
"infrastructure" components (VPN, firewall, etc.) for these firms.

Because I'm so deeply involved with both the linux (by choice) and windows (by necessity)
platforms, I use VMware (proprietary unfortunately, but worth it) to run whatever I need,
whenever and wherever.  While it adds a bit to the learning curve, it allows you the greatest
amount of flexibility in dealing with multiple operating systems.  With the recent release of
the *free* VMPlayer, many new opportunities have been created.  ...hj

mjewell wrote:
I'm a new subscriber to this list and am wondering whether it is still
active.  I'm a lawyer who has migrated to open source.  Here are
descriptions of my project:

http://lstech.org/projects/open_source_law_office

http://www.livejournal.com/community/debian/  (see 12/27 entry)

Let me know if anyone is out there.