Legal case management system

Hi,

We've been developing a free software "legal case management" system
for use by not-for-profit legal advice centers in Bulgaria for the
past few months.

The software is still improving alot between releases, but so far a
few organisations have started using it in various countries (bg, br,
us, uk, au).

The software is basically a system for creating "cases" (court or not)
and for logging the activity on that case, then it generates reports
based on those activities. The reporting is still a bit buggy, but
it's aimed to be flexible.

The system seems to work well for other (for-profit) lawyers, only
that the system does not include any type of sophisticated billing
system (it includes a very basic billing system). It is also aimed for
use by an office, where many lawyers or advisors work on the same case.

The system is based on PHP4/MySQL 3.23, and is available in English
and Bulgarian, with partial translation in Portuguese of Brazil and
French.

We have started to make an experimental Debian package for use by the
local NGOs (not-for-profit) centers who are using a Debian-based
distribution. I will try to publish our control files in our CVS asap.

Would there be any interest from others on this list to help work on
a package which would fit average requirements?

For more info about our project, we have a public testing site:
- www.lcm.ngo-bg.org/public/

The project information and documentation is available here:
- www.lcm.ngo-bg.org/en

And our Source Forge project page is:
- www.sf.net/projects/legalcase

The latest release is 0.4.3 and should be announced on freshmeat
later today.

matt

--
Mathieu Lutfy        <mathieu@bidon.ca>       http://www.bidon.ca
GPG 0x5F5BCEB4 0D3B 1AEE EF9B FB34 2FE7  80EC 8E8D F00A 5F5B CEB4