Re: feedback

Yes, NSW Young Lawyers has used Owl as a knowledgebase/precedent storage solution quite well.

Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

On 05/11/2004, at 10:05 PM, David C. Jarrell wrote:

It would not be a website, it would be incorporated into the Case Reporter project. Basically, the idea is to allow each firm to setup the categorization and input the information they want. Another possibility is to for associations (trial lawyers assoc, defense lawyers assoc, etc.) to maintain a knowledge base, then dissiminate to its members for uniformity. It isn't based as much on sharing the information as it is in recording a firms own research so when someone else from the firm does similar research they do not have to reinvent the wheel and begin from scratch.

It has proven to work fairly well at the firm I work for, so I am thinking of an open source possibility.

Ah, cool.  Sourceforge garners a few starting points, eg.:

http://owl.sourceforge.net/