[debian-lex] Intro

Greetings,

I'm developing an open source practice-management system.

It's a modest effort using the Zope (CMF) Content Management Framework and Plone, an out-of-the-box Content Management System.

http://plone.org
http://www.zope.org
http://cmf.zope.org

My strategy is to leverage off the large product base of Zope/CMF Products. For example, OpenOffice integration is made easy using the CMFOODocument Product, http://www.zope.org/Members/longsleep/CMFOODocument

I have already completed very rudimentary proof-of-concept cut and am currently refactoring this into CVS which I plan to publish/post next month.

This initial release features introduces:
 - Client/matter content management.
 - Integrated OpenOffice document management.
However, it does *not* yet include:
 - Accounting.

The application is entirely web-based at this stage.

----

I've spent most of my last 20 years doing development and systems integration work.

During the last 8 years I've provided systems and consulting services (both software and hardware) to Lawyers.

Recently we completed the setup of a Linux system for a 40+ staff legal firm based on 2 primary servers and diskless LTSP (http://www.ltsp.org) workstations for the desktop.

-TD
Melbourne,
Australia.