Re: Missing copyright clause of debian directory

Soren Stoutner <soren@debian.org> writes:

> "that’s the beauty of using GPLv2+ instead of GPLv2: it can be converted to later versions
> *WITHOUT* any additional permission from the copyright holders”
>
> That was an egregious enough typo that I felt compelled to send another email.  I
> apologize for the noise.

Thanks very much Soren for the detailed explanations!  And your
suggestions match what Richard suggested as well!

I think in this case I'll keep the debian/* under GPL-2+ for now, as in
our team we are not recommended to be added to copyright holders with
incremental improvements until we have done a more substantial
contribution.  But I'll keep in mind the possibility to upgrade GPL-2+
to GPL-3+ given their compatibility.

Thanks again to you and Richard both!

--
Xiyue Deng