Re: Brief update about software freedom and artificial intelligence

From Paul Wise:
I note that fair use isn't a worldwide concept and other parts of the
world have the more varied and restricted concept of "fair dealing".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use#Influence_internationally
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing

So, as much as possible, we should try not to rely on fair use.

The Wikimedia Foundation fellow and legal counsel Valentina Vera-Quiroz (CC) has documented her current expertise around ChatGPT and Copyright at

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal/Copyright_Analysis_of_ChatGPT

I just wanted to drop the link on this thread as it starts to be a good collection of references. We may need that some time in the future.