About debian/patches/* licenses

Hi,

In researching the licenses of the dependent libraries of the programs I created,
I noticed that some packages could be non-GPL library become GPL library by patch.

* The original project is not GPL
* There is a mention in the copyright that debian/* is GPL
* Patches to the library source code exist under debian/patches

So far I have found heimdal and libsqlite packages.

I feel that this is an unintended license change due to the addition of the
license description for debian/*.

Many projects are applying GPL2+ to debian/*, is there any recommendation?
Personally, I think there are fewer unintended accidents if LGPL is applied.

Package maintainers are encouraged to consider this...!