Export Compliance/Customs Information about Debian Software

Hi,

In the legal information of some Linux Distribution, I have seen an Export Compliance/Customs Information like this:

> Export Compliance/Customs Information
>
> By downloading XXX Linux software, you acknowledge that you understand all of the following:
>
> XXX Linux software and technical information may be subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (the “EAR”) and other U.S. and foreign laws and may not be exported, re-exported or transferred (a) to a prohibited destination country under the EAR or U.S. sanctions regulations (currently Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Crimea Region of Ukraine, subject to change as posted by the United States government); (b) to any prohibited destination or to any end user who has been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government; or (c) for use in connection with the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, or rocket systems, space launch vehicles, or sounding rockets, or unmanned air vehicle systems.
>
> You may not download XXX Linux software or technical information if you are located in one of these countries or otherwise subject to these restrictions. You may not provide XXX Linux software or technical information to individuals or entities located in one of these countries or otherwise subject to these restrictions. You are also responsible for compliance with foreign law requirements applicable to the import, export and use of XXX Linux software and technical information. XXX Linux software in source code and binary code form are publicly available and are not subject to the EAR in accordance with §742.15(b).

Which tells us that the software and technical information were subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (the “EAR”). But the open-sourced source code and binary code are not. But I cannot find this kind of information on Debian website and wiki. I understand that the Debian source code is not subject to the EAR, but is the software (as I understand, it’s the packaged version of the software, for example, ISOs) distributed on the website (debian.org) subject to the regulations? I read some documents on the wiki (https://wiki.debian.org/USExportControl, https://www.debian.org/legal/cryptoinmain, and https://www.debian.org/legal/notificationforarchive), but they did not answer directly on the question.

If I have anything that I misunderstood, please tell me.

Best regards,
Qian Qian