Re: License of "debian/" directories

Hey Joel,

It should be outlined in the debian/copyright file for the package in question

  Paul

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 6:33 PM Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@piquan.org> wrote:
I'm currently asking my employer to let me upstream some changes I've
got to some Debian packaging.  Usually, they like to know what the
license is.

What's the license of "debian/" directories in source packages?  Not for
native packages, but the packaging for third-party software.  Is it the
same as the upstream code, or does Debian own the copyright and have a
particular license for that, or what?

I looked over the Policy Manual and the Legal FAQ, but didn't see an
answer.  Is this something that's been discussed before?

Best,
joelh

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq