Re: Are ASN.1 modules code or specification?

Andreas Metzler writes:
> Hello,
>
> Do we consider ASN.1 modules (e.g. the specification of
> AttCertValidityPeriod in rfc 3281) to be code or specification?

The general rule is that everything that Debian ships, including
documentation, standards, pictures, etc., must be freely modifiable in a
manner consistent with the DFSG.  If it would go on a Debian DVD, then
all of the bits on that DVD must DFSG-free.  Otherwise, it may or may
not be able to be hosted on non-free or contrib.

Cheers,
Walter Landry