Re: Hosting the original youtube-dl sources on salsa?

Le jeudi 29 octobre 2020 à 16:59:53-0300, Rogério Brito a écrit :
> Dear people,
>
> As many of you may know, the RIAA issued a resquest for GitHub to take down
> the youtube-dl repository.
>
> The tree had some fixes that were *not* in the latest release that I
> uploaded a few days ago (I am the maintainer of youtube-dl in Debian, just
> to make things clear).
>
> Since the tree was taken down (and, to boot, of the 18 forks listed in the
> takedown request, mine was explicitly listed), I fear that me uploading the
> lastest tree to GitHub is asking for trouble.
>
> Given this situation, can I upload a backup of youtube-dl to salsa under my
> user account?  I already maintain the packaging of youtube-dl in a different
> repository that is both on GitHub and on salsa. Should I take it down from
> salsa?
>
> If these are not the appropriate mailing lists to send this to, please point
> me to better places. I was in a hurry and I decided to send this as soon as
> I found out places that seemed suitable.
>

> Thanks for any help and support,

I support your idea.

I cc the DPL and Salsa Team out of principle to just make sure they
are aware of your email. The DPL being the closest thing we have for a
legal representative of Debian (if we were to get sued), and the Salsa
team because they run salsa and they deserve at least to be notified.

Cheers!

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2