Re: Maxmind GeoIP/Geolite license change

Thank you for your feedback.

As you will have noticed, I am not an expert on licenses and have picked CC BY-SA 4.0 because I believe Maxmind’s database was licensed under this before.

We can of course change the license and I am happy to take your suggestions. What I would like the license to be is the following:

* it should be free for anyone to use but not possible to sell the database
* it would be nice to encourage users to give back to the project and help them to help us to improve the data wherever possible

I cannot come up with anything else this license should or could cover.

Best,
-Michael