Maxmind GeoIP/Geolite license change

Hi,

[please add me to CC, I am not subscribed]

Maxmind announced - and now with the new year it is effective - that
they had to change the license and the ways how they have to distribute
the databases, because of some new california law, see [0].

I have got access to the new sources and the license file states:

"Use of this MaxMind product is governed by MaxMind's GeoLite2 End User
License Agreement, which can be viewed at
https://www.maxmind.com/en/geolite2/eula.
This database incorporates GeoNames [https://www.geonames.org]
geographical data, which is made available under the Creative Commons
Attribution 4.0 License. To view a copy of this license, visit
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.";

So before I may have to raise this topic to debian-devel@ I would like
to hear your thoughts about this license [1] and what is now possible
for Debian and what not, e.g. not main, but non-free, filtering, I have
got no idea..

[0]:
https://blog.maxmind.com/2019/12/18/significant-changes-to-accessing-and-using-geolite2-databases/
[1]: https://www.maxmind.com/en/geolite2/eula

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

  Blog: http://www.linux-dev.org/
E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org
*/