Re: BSD license + should

Le Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 08:37:37PM +0100, Michael Banck a écrit :

> |4. Every use of the source code or binary form of the software should
> |acknowledge the following publication:
> |
> |   MolSpin - Flexible and Extensible General Spin Dynamics Software
> |   Claus Nielsen & Ilia A. Solov'yov
> |   Note: The paper is submitted to Journal of Chemical Physics (Special
> |         issue on spin chemistry, 2019).

> can you suggest a rephrasing of this clause that would make it
> DFSG-free, but be similar in spirit (i.e. nudge the user to cite the
> package if they publish results based on its use)?

Hi Michael,

in the Primer3 software, the authors use the following words:

“We request but do not require that use of this software be cited in
publications as” [...]

https://primer3.org/manual.html

For Primer3 it is not exactly in the license, but I think that I have
seen similar cases where it was.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--