Re: Inquiry regarding Artistic License

* npdflr:

> Thanks Florian and Daniel for your replies.

> I would definitely file a bug. But if the author demands some money or
> something else then would Debian.org take responsibility or I (users
> of debian OS) have to take responsibility or both.

It depends on how the demand for money is phrased.  If it is actually
a requirement for running the software, the software would be moved to
the non-free archive or removed from the Debian archive altogether.

> Should I take Daniel's response of hiring my own lawyer as an official
> answer from Debian.org to this subject?

I didn't see Daniel's response.  Asking on debian-legal is not a way
to get a formal response from the Debian project, and such formal