FRR package in Debian violates the GPL licence

Hi,

The FRR package contains code, e.g. in the ldpd and babeld directories notably, which can not function without the assistance of and orchestration of GPL code; code whose function can not be understood without reference to the GPL source code - this FRR code is deriving of the GPL code (as per multiple sets of legal advice available to me), which I hold copyright in.

The code concerned however is explicitly /not/ being distributed under the terms required by the GPL licence, but rather much weaker licences (BSD or MIT/X11, e.g.). Licenses which fail to implement the reciprocal source code publication conditions of the GPL, amongst other things.

This is no accident. It is a deliberate campaign to undermine the GPL on this code-base, to normalise the stripping of copyleft requirement from it, and permit the ability to build proprietary works on top of it. E.g., see:

 https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/issues/1923

It is - I am advised - not permitted by the GPL and infringing of my copyright in thise code-base, and also incitement to commit copyright infringement. As such, the termination clause of the GPL became applicable to FRR.

Use and distribution is unlicensed.

I reserve the right to recover damages and compensation, to the greatest extent allowed by relevant laws, from anyone any unlicensed use or distribution of code I hold copyright in.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune: