Re: Debian Linux 7.11.0 - License

On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 11:27:21AM +0000, Chapman, Laura wrote:
> Could you please advise which license will apply to the Debian Linux 7.11.0 software download?
>
> https://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/

There is no single license. Debian contains thousands of software packages,
each with their own license. The packages in the "main" archive all have
licenses which comply with the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG), which is
defined at https://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines .

Also, I recommend that you use the latest stable release of Debian if
possible, currently version 9.6, instead of a version which is no longer
receiving security support.